The U.S. Government’s Office of Technology provides funding for new and innovative R&D efforts through the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs.Congress has mandated that each agency set aside a percentage of their budget to fund technology development at small, USA-based firms.Funding is available from the DOD, DOE, DARPA, NASA, NSF, NIH, DOE, DHS, the EPA and other government agencies.
Whether you already participate in SBIR programs or are interested in exploring these funding sources for the first time, TekMark can assist you in the following ways;
- Establishing contact with key agency program managers who manage programs related to your technology/market and may be interested in funding further development of your technology
- Guiding you through the proposal solicitation, writing and submittal process
- Obtaining Voice of the Customer (VoC) data and Letters of Support (LOS) to augment your commercialization plans and improve your chances for an award
- Writing the commercialization and other sections of Phase I, Phase II and other proposals
- Researching various markets and applications, estimating commercialization potential, strategy development and other activities necessary to earn a high commercialization score/index and further enhance the successful launch of your new technology
- I-Corps Program Support – identify key targets and conduct interviews for customer discovery process, development of original/final canvas, business hypothesis, etc.
- Developing new growth opportunities for your SBIR developed technology across various commercial technical markets such that your organization is less dependent on government funding and becomes more of a self-sustaining and growing commercial firm (ideally, that’s what most government agencies want, except maybe DARPA)
“We are extremely excited about our airflow modeling software technology and we look forward to working with TekMark to assist us with technology commercialization efforts.TekMark had successfully completed a project in support of our Phase I program and am confident that their knowledge of and experience in the aerospace industry will enable us to quickly and more effectively develop new commercial business opportunities for ITAC.”
NASA SBIR Spinoff Success
“ Far IR filters successfully commercialized through NASA’s SBIR program for astronomy applications and featured in NASA’s Spinoff Publication..”
SBIR New Funding
“ . . we needed to identify potential funding sources very quickly before the closing of a solicitation.TekMark’s technical background, knowledge of agency research and testing groups, and experience working in the SBIR community enabled them to quickly establish contact with key agency researchers, confirm interest from the ONR, Air Force and NASA Langley and opened up new opportunities for us to develop our technology.”