The optics & photonics industry is a highly dynamic and fast paced market that offers many opportunities for growth.A steady stream of new technologies from University labs to large corporations are constantly being developed. Next generation optically based systems are continually being designed, providing an opportunity for new technology to be specified at the design stage.A vibrant mix of start-ups, established mid-market firms and large corporations provide a myriad of prospects for near term sales, new market development and acquisitions.
Our experience in the optics & photonics industry spans the complete supply chain from new materials & coatings, optical components, lasers, optical design services, optical metrology equipment to optically based instrument OEMs in the medical, aerospace, automated optical inspection (AOI), imaging and other end user industries.
In addition to our services listed below, some examples of our work in the optics & photonics industry have involved the following technologies, products, applications and market segments;
- Advanced optical polymers for optic components, augmented reality and display systems
- Compact, green laser module for applications in the medical, aero/military, materials processing and other markets
- Market development and VoC research for high performance optical patterning services for endoscopy, laparoscopy and other surgical instruments
- Competitive analysis and market development for optical components in flow cytometers, micro-plate readers, DNA sequencers, PCR systems, Point-Of-Care instruments, spectrometers, hyperspectral imaging systems, light sources and other optically based medical, laboratory and analytical instruments
- Fiber optic sensors (FBG) for harsh environment applications in the aerospace, oil & gas, national lab (plasma physics) and other markets
- Optical metrology systems for the LCD, photomask and hard disk drive markets
- Sell/buy side M&A advisory services, commercial due diligence market research to support buy side
- Optical technologies for SBIR/STTR programs with the DOD, NASA and NSF
Optics for Medical Devices
“TekMark’s medical device market experience and technical application knowledge enabled them to converse with our target customers’ engineers and scientists in a highly effective manner to obtain valuable information including performance requirements, annual volume potential and target pricing.Their ability to quickly identify, characterize and confirm new market opportunities in optically based, medical device market segments will enable us to leverage our existing business to many new growth opportunities.”
Optics & Photonics Market Development
“TekMark’s ability to quickly characterize and evaluate specific niche market segments in the optics & photonics industry and recommend specific application and market opportunities greatly supports our strategies for growth.Their knowledge of and experience with optics applications in the medical instrument, aerospace/defense and other technical markets enabled us to better evaluate and prioritize new opportunities and better match our future investments with the size of the opportunity.Our partnership with TekMark will be extremely valuable as we develop new growth opportunities.”